Founder and CEO of Highway One Marketing, LLC
Places I’ve worked:
Winston Digital Marketing – Brooklyn, NY (remote)
(2022 – present)
- Position: Director of Digital Marketing (part time)
- Oversee direct reports and provide project management, guidance and support.
- Ensure quality and on-time delivery of deliverables on a variety of client accounts.
- Hands-on research, strategy, and implementation for client accounts, as needed.
Harvard Business Services – Lewes, DE
(2018 – 2021)
- Position: Director of Marketing
- Summary: I led all marketing efforts for the company, including content strategy/creation, SEO, email marketing, social media, PPC strategy in conjunction with an outside agency, an annual scholarship program, event sponsorships, and more.
Franchise Business Review – Portsmouth, NH
(2012 – 2018)
- Position: Marketing Manager
- Summary: Formally, I led PPC and SEO strategy, email marketing, and other digital and offline marketing efforts. I created and executed annual webinar series that involved more than a dozen speakers and approximately 100 registered participants. In this small team environment, I was also involved in many aspects of the business, from sales outreach to client management.
Moderne Communications – Rockville Centre, NY
(2007 – 2012)
- Position: Client Services Director
- Summary: I was involved in nearly every client program and every new pitch. I presented proposals to brands such as McDonald’s, Hush Puppies, Heineken, Dove, and many more. I served as on-site manager for events involving product sampling, step-and-repeat photo promotions, and pop-up stores.
I also have work experience dating back to my teens and early twenties as a retail store supervisor, assistant manager at a restaurant, customer service agent at a large investment company, and a few others. I look back fondly on some more than others, but am grateful for all the experience along the way!
As far as marketing, my core strengths are in the following areas:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Google Ads and Microsoft Ads Management (aka PPC or SEM)
- Website Content Strategy
- Copy writing
- Data Analysis and Reporting
Additionally, I have experience in these areas:
- Amazon Ads/Seller Central Management
- Social Media Ads (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Email Marketing
- CRM (Salesforce, Zoho, etc.) Administration
- Online/Offline Event Coordination
These are some skills and traits I pride myself on:
- Clear and honest communication
- Empathy and understanding
- Creative problem solving
- Driven by curiosity
Teaching, Training and Tutoring
This gets its own heading because it’s more of a passion than a skill. Between being the child of two educators and the tutoring work I’ve done (see below), I feel in my element when I can help others learn — which in itself is a learning experience for me.
I’ve worked with high school students, college students, and adult learners from a variety of backgrounds, skill levels, and career goals. I believe that teaching (and learning) is a very individualized process and that success is found only by being adaptable and proactive in finding the right approach.
Dover Adult Learning Center – While living in New Hampshire, I became a volunteer tutor for this non-profit, focusing on math education for adult students pursuing high school equivalency or college admission. I joined the board of directors and served as chair of the Governance Committee, Vice President, and ultimately President.